About the 4th Street Promenade
104th Street is…
A sophisticated neighbourhood in the heart of Edmonton that offers an urban atmosphere in which you can admire the arts, fine food, and unique boutiques. It’s a welcoming environment: once you get here, you’ll want to stay and enjoy quality time in a Downtown oasis.
To develop a cosmopolitan neighbourhood that not only meets, but exceeds the needs of its residents and businesses. 104th Street will become a desirable place to be — a differentiated and distinguished destination to live, work, and play.
- The committee stands to advocate on behalf of the stakeholders on and around 104th Street — be they residents, businesses, or visitors — on issues that affect these stakeholders (safety, cleanliness, etc.)
- To promote local talent, locally grown food, and locally-based independent businesses.
- To plan and facilitate events through the board’s, residents’, and businesses’ existing networks.
- To build a stronger sense of community through the creation of a cultured and vibrant neighbourhood.
- To collaborate with stakeholders toward common goals. Only through continuous engagement of all stakeholders can relationships be cultivated.
- To position 104th Street as the gateway to the proposed arena and entertainment district.
We aim to bring the people together to ensure:
- Social responsibility – recognition of and attention to the concept of social justice
- Economic growth and the support of independent business
- Environmental sustainability – LEED Gold Certification
- Recognition and celebration of Edmonton’s history — the buildings on 104th Street are living examples of our shared heritage. It is the wish of the committee to incorporate and preserve these historic icons as the promenade evolves.